1. Went to visit the school this morning for Taryn, went good. Clean, well organized, great teachers, very positive experience. Taryn did ok. She was shy, wanted me to hold her and hid behind me a few times, but she did ask the teacher if she could see the potty. She was thrilled they had no only one, but two! And each came with a step stool, something else she was worried about. She was fine while we were there but got quite upset on the way home saying she didn't want me to leave her there alone. So hard. We can do this right? I'll try and focus on getting her a new backpack, a new lunch box and she needs her own water bottle, of course, she wants that to be pink too.
Thank you for all the warm well wishes, your stories and your comments / emails, they mean the world to me! I have the best blog readers!!!!
2. Little dude, hanging out in Taryn's room yesterday afternoon. He gets so excited being in there, so much to scoot around and get in to. I just love his funny little face, mohawk, drool....him.
3. I bargained with Ty yesterday. I got to take a few pics of him and if he cooperated, I agreed to take a photo him in his new skull sweatshirt hoodie (insert me rolling my eyes here, all while being a good sport).
His end of the bargain:
And my end of the bargain (hey - I never said I would crop out the skull!!):
4. An out take....normally I wouldn't process one with his eyes closed like this but holy moly look at those lashes!!! Why oh why don't I have lashes like that?! Soooo unfair. The worst part is, he hates them, tells me he wants to cut them! He better not. So long we even have to have his lenses curved on his glasses so they don't hit. Totally unfair.
5. Thank you blog readers for all your advice on Teagan hating his carseat. We made the big switch and now we're wishing we would have done it much sooner. We opted to buy Taryn a new larger seat and move Teagan into her Britax Roundabout. He's now upright and happy, no more screaming in the car, happily looks out his window and plays....totally different kid, it's crazy. Taryn got a new Graco Nautilaus and she hated it for awhile because it really ticked her off she couldn't get out of it. She still slides the bar up and down, which drives me crazy, but at least she can't get out of the seat. That was another issue we were having, her constantly taking her straps off. But, the larger seat and the cupholders have won her over with the new one. She's still griping about it some, but the crying has stopped for the most part. It's comfy for naps too.
6. Last night, first night in the ducky tub. Yeah, he's got carrots all over his face and an icky color cast on him, but you would too if you were sitting inside a big yellow duck! Taryn was less than thrilled to pass it on, it was her favorite until she literally couldn't sit in it anymore because she was just too big.
7. Teagan has had nonstop diaper rash since he outgrew Swaddlers. I'm seriously considering switching to cloth diapers. I need to convince my cute husband though. Our deal is that he does laundry, I do dishes, so he's gotta be on board...I just feel so bad for Teagan's tush. Oh yeah, and the effect that disposables has on our environment =) Anyone have any great cloth diapering resources that can help me build my case??
8.Playing peek-a-boo with mommy...
9. We're having even more family photos taken next month, can't wait! I've been trying to come up with some fun clothes for the kids to wear.
A few ideas for Teagan, I bought it too! He's gonna look like such a cute little man =)
Here is what I bought for Taryn, I went with the brown shoes...
I'm still working on Ty...as you can probably guess, he's a bit tougher. If he doesn't actually like what he's wearing, it'll show. We must come to an agreement we can both live with. Wish us luck, we have a few weeks to figure it out. Jase and I will go fairly simple, so we're easy. It sure was fun shopping for such cute stuff for the kids though! Anyone got any great ideas or links for "cool" clothes for pre-teens???
10. Be sure to stop by tomorrow to check out a new book sample I just ordered for the business - cute stuff and I'll share some pics!